Quality and Environmental policies
The WF Education Group recognises that it has an important duty to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact across our business in our offices and our warehouse.
We pledge to ensure good environmental performance in all of our business operations and to provide the necessary organisation, commitment and training to fulfil this obligation.
Our senior leadership team, our staff and our customers firmly believe in, and is committed to, monitoring and improving environmental performance, prevention of pollution and protecting the environment.
WF Education is committed to:
- Incorporating environmental responsibility into all business processes by planning environmental protection, reviewing and developing policy, setting targets and reviewing and auditing performance annually.
- To reduce our demand for natural resources and energy, to improve efficiency and to increase reliance on greener and renewable energy sources.
- To continuously improve the sustainable management of our buildings, estates and transport reducing the emission of air pollutants and greenhouse gases.
- Utilising the best available techniques to comply with the requirements of existing and new compliance obligations, and encouraging those working for, or on behalf of, WF Education to meet the same standards.
- Implementing a systematic waste management programme to ensure responsible management of our wastes encouraging reuse and recycling to minimise disposal to landfills. We shall dispose of our wastes in strict compliance with legislation.
- Setting objectives and targets that will be monitored and reviewed to drive continual improvement of the Environmental Management System and enhance environmental performance.
- The development and maintenance of an open dialogue culture will include the communication of this environmental policy to our employees, suppliers, customers, sub-contractors and other interested parties.
To meet the commitments, WF Education Group will:
Promote its environmental objectives and will respond positively to enquiries and suggestions from both inside and outside the company.
Use this policy as a framework for setting objectives and targets for environmental improvement.
Operate a procurement and contracting policy that conforms to these objectives
All employees have responsibilities for policy implementation by participating and contributing to its success through their actions and suggestions.
This policy has been defined and endorsed by our senior leadership team to ensure that it is appropriate to the purpose, context, nature, scale and environmental impact of the companies operations.
The WF Education Group is a market-leading library and educational solutions and resources company based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. The Environmental Management System covers the resource section which is based at the Head Office and warehouse housed on the Shrewsbury site.
The senior leadership team and staff are committed to providing a service that consistently meets and exceeds customers and applicable requirements. WF Education aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application, and continual improvement, of a Quality Management System.
The Quality Management System is consistent with ISO 9001 and its purpose is to ensure WF Education’s objectives for continual improvement and commitment to Quality is maintained, therefore satisfying the needs and expectations of its customers.
WF Education Group personnel have a responsibility to ensure that the customer receives quality service and that they demonstrate a high level of competence at all times. WF Education’s services and systems are designed, engineered and managed to meet the customers’ requirements.
WF Education is committed to ensuring all personnel have the necessary competence and training to perform their duties. The Quality Policy is understood by and communicated to all staff within the Company. It is the responsibility of the senior leadership team to investigate any quality problems and ensure that corrective action and/or preventative action is implemented as soon as possible. Senior Management shall also ensure customer requirements are determined and met, therefore enhancing customer satisfaction.
To achieve the above the Company’s Quality System and Quality Objectives are reviewed at regular intervals for continuing suitability, to ensure it is meeting the customer’s needs.
This policy has been defined and endorsed by senior leadership to ensure that it is appropriate to the purpose, context and strategic direction of WF Education.